Program for volunteers from 12 to 17 years
In 2001, the Saint-Laurent Center for Volunteer and Community Action was inspired by the Generation V project, sponsored by Volunteer Canada, to set up a volunteer program for young volunteers aged 12 to 17 to help them get started. integrate into the community through volunteering. Since 2003, it has been officially in charge thanks to the support of Centraide.
Presentation of the volunteer leader
His responsibilities include:
• recruiting volunteers;
• The selection, orientation, placement and integration of all young volunteers;
• Research and confirmation of the probity of volunteer candidates (* filtering);
• Volunteer training 12-17 years old;
• Processing of volunteer requests;
• Coordinate the interests of volunteers with the needs of organizations;
• The follow-up of all active volunteers and the reorientation of those who wish to vary their intervention;
• Support community organizations in the management of young volunteers..
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:30 to 5:30
Thursday: 12:00 to 20:00
Conditions for volunteering 12-17 years
• Be between 12 and 17 years old.
• Have an interest in volunteering.
• Do not have a criminal record.
- Fill out the registration form under 18 years old.
- Fill in the form of criminal check * police screening.
- Have the parental authorization form signed.
- The manager will call you to make an appointment for a ** interview of about 45 minutes that will guide the volunteer to the best choice of activities for him.
- Free compulsory traininge
** The interview allows the volunteer leader to identify with the volunteer the activities that match his interests, abilities and availability